The Chronicles of Mommyhood

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Advent with Dash

I have enjoyed reading about so many wonderful Advent traditions around the blogosphere the past few weeks (too many to link here!). Since Dash is not really old enough to know what is going on, I am simply cataloguing and writing down the ideas rather than trying to implement them this year with a baby coming any day. But we did have an Advent wreath just for Dash, since he is a little too interested in the real candles on the other one. We also celebrated St. Nicholas Day, and colored pictures for Advent and the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Dash has loved playing with his Nativity scene. In fact, we cannot go to the grocery store without a camel or a sheep in tow. To my great amazement, he has not lost a single piece. Baby Jesus is awaiting his addition to the scene tomorrow in the pack'n'play...I like to think he is keeping it warm for our new little guy. I apologize to my family for not posting too many pictures recently...I have been using the time to rest and get ready for our little baby boy to be wrapped in swaddling clothes soon!

We did let Dash open one gift today as family tradition dictates. He was very excited to stand in his learning tower and chop his fruit as Mommy prepared for Chistmas Day dinner.




























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home