The Chronicles of Mommyhood

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Feast of St. Nicholas 2006

Dash was surprised to wake on St. Nicholas' Feast Day to a shoe full of treats! Not being one to wait and ask questions, he promptly unloaded the shoe to his delight.

For playgroup this morning, I printed out pictures of St. Nicholas for the older kids to color from the Saint Nicholas Center, which I found through A Living Education. (I also stole the idea of the baby countdown on my sidebar!) They have many other activities and stories for older kids, too. There are also more ideas that I can count at O Night Divine, including book ideas and feast day ideas and crafts. Though I am lamenting how very quickly Dash seems to be growing up minute by minute, I am very excited to incorporate some beautiful traditions into our family.

Dash did color his own picture of St. Nicholas this afternoon! It is lovely!

2 Comments:

  • i like dash's mad coloring skills... excited to see you soon!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:29 AM  

  • I'm glad you "stole" the baby countdown idea. I'll be praying for you in your last months of pregnancy. And I'm so happy that you enjoyed my St. Nicholas ideas. Thanks for linking me. God Bless, Katherine

    By Blogger Katherine, at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home