The Chronicles of Mommyhood

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Boys Love Dirt.


As I was preparing to bring the boys a snack on Sunday as they played outside with Mr. Incredible, I peeked outside.

"That's strange," I said to myself. "I know I didn't buy sand yet." (Though I have been meaning to for 3 weeks.)

But there sat the boys in the sandbox dumping and shoveling.

Mr. Incredible ran in to grab the camera, beaming with pride.

"Where did you find the sand?" I queried.

"Oh, it's not sand. It's dirt. From the empty lot down the street. I brought over a bunch of buckets! The boys love it!" he exclaimed beaming with pride at his ingenuity.

I looked at him, dismayed. "But it's....dirty!"

"Boys are supposed to play in dirt," he said matter-of-factly, as if I had just criticized his sons for daring to breathe oxygen. And he disappeared outside.

When I showed up with their snack, Jack-Jack had already found a suitable palate cleanser...shockingly, dirt.








1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home