The Chronicles of Mommyhood

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Off The Charts


Dash is just a few days shy of 18-months and I took him to his well-visit with the doctor today. I am flabbergasted to report that Dash is in the 100th percentile for height. That means that if you line up 100 18-month olds, he would be the tallest. I was probably off the charts, too...the other direction. From my birth as a preemie baby until present time I think I have been skimming along the bottom of the charts. Clearly Dash did not get his height from my side of the family. 9 months ago, he was already half my height (see picture on right). He also weighed in at just under 30 pounds (the 90th percentile) for the grandparents keeping tabs.

I have also discovered something worse than watching your child get a shot...having his blood drawn. I was in tears such that the nurse had to say, "It's going to be ok, MOM." (Dash wasn't too happy either, but that was to be expected.) So we came home and ate grandmom's star cookies this afternoon (after making a serious mess with some spinach).

1 Comments:

  • 100th percentile!!! That is amazing!

    How wonderful to have such a fine healthy boy! The two of you look adorable together!

    By Blogger Alice Gunther, at 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home