The Chronicles of Mommyhood

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Not Just Semantics


On the subject of cleaning...I am compelled to note that there is a very real difference between clean and neat. Our house is neat at the end of each day, yet, when Saturday rolls around, I feel the very real need to clean. Mr. Incredible, however, looks around and sees toys put away and dishes in the dishwasher, which, in male vocabulary, means clean. I see the dust collecting in a fine layer on top of the mantle, sink faucets that are waterspotted, tiny bits of goldfish that are ground into the carpet. You would think Mr. Incredible would have some kind of "super-vision" that would allow his to see such a state of uncleanliness. Nope. He sees a missed opportunity to play golf. He is challenging me in the backgroud, "Can anything really be clean?" Well, the stuff I use says it kills 99.9% of bacteria, and is safe enough to use on a highchair tray. And that's clean enough for me.

1 Comments:

  • This made me smile because I used to carry my babies down to get the clean laundry and carry them back up in the basket. Your baby is such a cutie!

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home