The Chronicles of Mommyhood

Monday, May 05, 2008

To the Makers of Child Locks...

We as mothers trust you.

Not blindly, mind you. We don't put knives in reach behind the locks.

But we may put a non-breakable bottle of syrup on a shelf in the pantry that a toddler could theoretically reach if he could open the door.

I realize that the locks are "not a substitute for parental supervision." However, and this may come as a shock, even us SuperMoms may need to go to the bathroom in the course of a day.

When a 15 month old can bypass a child lock in the blink of an eye, do you think the top of a syrup bottle will give him pause?

I think not.

**I deemed the syrup crisis too grave to pause to take a picture of the debacle. **

1 Comments:

  • Glad to know I am not the only one who has had a recent syrup disaster--my 15 month old was dancing in his mess! :S

    By Blogger Jennifer in TX, at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home